War Will 'Spread Far Beyond Region' If US, Israel Resume Attacks: Iran Guards

3 hours ago 2
ARTICLE AD BOX

Last Updated:May 20, 2026, 14:57 IST

The statement comes after remarks by US President Donald Trump, who said Washington could strike Iran again if the two sides fail to reach a lasting settlement in the coming days.

A member of the Iranian police stand guard on a motorbike during a rally to show solidarity and support to the new Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Mojataba Khamenei in Tehran, on April 29, 2026. (AFP)

A member of the Iranian police stand guard on a motorbike during a rally to show solidarity and support to the new Iranian supreme leader Ayatollah Mojataba Khamenei in Tehran, on April 29, 2026. (AFP)

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards on Wednesday issued a warning and said that any renewed military action by the United States or Israel against the Islamic republic could trigger a conflict that spreads far beyond the Middle East.

In a statement published on their official website, Sepah News, on Wednesday, the Guards cautioned that a resumption of attacks would provoke a wider regional confrontation.

“If the aggression against Iran is repeated, the promised regional war will this time spread far beyond the region, and our devastating blows will crush you," the statement was quoted in a report by AFP.

The warning follows remarks by US President Donald Trump, who has said Washington could strike Iran again if the two sides fail to reach a lasting settlement in the coming days. A ceasefire has been in place since April 8, after a war that began on February 28.

Both sides have been trading threats while exchanging proposals aimed at ending the conflict. The nearly 40-day war claimed the lives of several senior Iranian officials, including supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, prompting Tehran to launch retaliatory missile and drone attacks across the region.

“The American-Zionist enemy… must know that despite the offensive carried out against us using the full capabilities of the world’s two most expensive armies, we have not deployed the full power of the Islamic revolution," the Guards said, suggesting Iran still has significant military capabilities it has yet to use.

On Tuesday, Trump set a short deadline for diplomacy, saying he was prepared to resume strikes if no agreement is reached.

“I’m saying two or three days, maybe Friday, Saturday, Sunday, something, maybe early next week, a limited period of time," he told reporters, adding that Gulf Arab leaders had previously urged him at the last minute to delay an attack.

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi signalled Tehran’s readiness for further confrontation if talks fail, writing on X that a “return to war will feature many more surprises".

Handpicked stories, in your inbox

A newsletter with the best of our journalism

News world War Will 'Spread Far Beyond Region' If US, Israel Resume Attacks: Iran Guards

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More

Read Entire Article